Latin Field’s Phone Interviewing Quality Guidelines
- Interviewer applicants are pre-screened for voice quality and pronunciation before filling out an application. Interviewer applicants are tested for literacy, keyboard skills and grammar knowledge.
- Interviewer applicants must complete 5-1/2 hours of classroom training on company and market research policies, procedures and philosophy, as well as utilization of CATI programs. • Interviewer applicants must pass a test based upon classroom training.
- On their first shift, new interviewers are closely monitored by a supervisor specially trained for this function.
- A 1:12 supervisor to interviewer ratio. This ensures adequate monitoring and coaching to be conducted daily.
- Each interviewer is monitored a minimum of 2 shifts per week, with follow – ups done where necessary.
- Each Supervisor must complete a minimum of 8 “monitoring/coaching” sessions per shift.
- The Quality Control Manager and the Shift Managers, personally review all monitoring forms submitted by the Floor Supervisors on a daily basis. This provides an opportunity to spot trends in performance as well as ensure adherence to the weekly monitoring requirement.
- Shift Managers conduct monthly “coaching assessments” for all Floor Supervisors in order to appraise and refine their coaching skills.
- Briefing outlines are created for each job, thereby ensuring standardized briefings on each job, regardless of which supervisor is conducting the briefing.
- No interviewer shall be responsible for completing more than 25% of the weekly or monthly completes on any study.
- Retraining, coaching and or progressive disciplinary action is administered based on the findings of the Floor Supervisor, Shift Manager or Quality Control Department.
Latin Field’s Phone Interviewing Validation Guidelines
- Validate 10% of all completed interviews for the study.
- Validate 10% of the completes of every interviewer working on the study.
- Validate 100% of the completed interviews of the top-two performing interviewers.
All interviewers working on the study are subject to having 100% of their completed interviews validated based on the following:
- If, while validating, the Quality Control Department finds repeated sloppiness, errors, or a pattern that would indicate poor or questionable quality.
- If, during the course of monitoring, the floor supervisor finds sloppiness, errors, or a pattern that would indicate poor or questionable quality.
Validation issues or errors such as mispunches of data entry are reported to the Project Managers and Director of Operations daily.
- Upon completion of validating, any problems or errors that have been discovered in validating, including mispunches of data entry, are reported on an Exception Report, which indicates the telephone number, the infraction, the interviewer and the action taken by the Quality Control Department. This report is prepared on a weekly basis and delivered to the Director of Operations for review every Monday, for the preceding week ending Sunday.
- A “Monthly Validation Issues Report” detailing infractions by interviewer is delivered to the HR Director and the Director of operations on the fifth day of each month for the preceding month.
- Retraining, coaching and or progressive disciplinary action is administered based on the findings of the Quality Control Department, be it daily, weekly or via the monthly trend reports.